What to expect from this award winning team:
Team Aeroshell has been performing all over North America for over twenty seven years. They have won professional awards in all the major air shows and are widely recognized as one of the best performing groups in the entire industry. They have also been recently listed on the official wikipedia page for the Osh Kosh Air Venture information page.
Aeroshell has not only been recognized for their talents in the air, but also for their efforts in the industry. The team is featured on the FAST website, a organization dedicated to teaching safe formation flying in restored aircraft. Mark Henley is a check pilot for this organization. Mark has also been featured in the July issue of Directors of Maintenance, a magazine focused primarily on the business of maintaining aircraft.
Facts About the Team:
How long has Team Aeroshell been performing?
How many shows on average a year?
20 shows a year
The plane that Steve Gustafson flies was bought when and by whom?
His father in 1960. He used to sit in it as a child and make airplane noises.
Little known secret about Steve Gustafson – he was a crop duster pilot for over 25 years!
The pilots of Team Aeroshell:
From left to right:
Bryan Regan - Right Wing
Mark Henley – Team Lead
Steve Gustafson – Left Wing (also co founder)
Gene McNeely – Slot
Alan Henley – Team Founder
Check out the latest interview of Steve Gustafson as he talks about Team Aeroshell, the AT 6 and what it is like to fly one of these amazing planes. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear first hand from one of the pilots and original members of Team Aeroshell.
North American AT 6 Texan Aircraft-The Pilot Maker
The North American AT 6 Texan aircraft was originally designed as a basic trainer for the Army Air Corps in 1938. It has been nicknamed “The Pilot Maker”, because of is history as the training platform in World War II. The team of pilots will show what this aircraft can do, it is like watching a piece of history.
Here is a little background on where and how this model of plane has made it way across the world and history:
- In the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, they were used by the Syrian Air Force as ground support for their troops. They launched air strikes against Israeli targets as well.
- T-6D and G Texans were employed by the Royal Hellenic Air Force during the Greek Civil War, providing extensive support to the Greek army during the Battle of Grammos.
- The T-6 “Mosquitos” were used as forward air control during the Korean and Vietnam war.
- In the 1950′s the No. 1340 Flight RAF used the Harvard in Kenya against the Mau Maus.
- In France the The T-6G was also used during the Algerian war.
- 1957 to 1958 the Spanish Air Force used this aircraft in the IfniWar.
- Even the Pakistan Air Force used the T-6G in the war in 1971 as enemy convoys at night.
The T-6 has been in use all over the world and in many wars. It outstanding reputation for durability, reliability and power are what have stood the test of time. Watch these pilots show off the power that made this plan so instrumental in combat.